9/20/2014: Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, the top destination for tourists in Spain, is known for its beautiful and unique architecture and its rich history. It is the second-most populated city in Spain (right behind Madrid) with a population of about 1.6 million. Whether you want to shop at Barcelona's many boutiques, tour the city's historical sights, or relax on the nearby beaches, Barcelona has got it all. Here are some activities that you definitely don't want to miss doing in Barcelona.
1. Visit the Sagrada Familia, one of Europe's most famous cathedrals.
2. Enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the city from Park Guell.
3. The Catedral de Barcelona, the seat of the archbishop of Barcelona, is definitely worth seeing.
4. Tour the Picasso Museum, the world's largest collection of Picasso works.
5. Take a walk down the famous Las Ramblas Street, and shop in its many boutiques.
6. Attend a soccer (or, should I say, football) game at Camp Nou, the world-renowned stadium in Barcelona. If you can't catch a game, then at least visit the FCB museum.
7. For the history buffs, walk around the Gothic quarter of the medieval city.
8. For those into classical music, listen to a concert at the Gran Teatre del Liceu, an enormous opera house that opened in 1847.
9. Relax at some of the city's Mediterranean beaches.
10. Eat some traditional Spanish food at the city's best restaurants, such as Tickets, Torre d'Alta Mar, and El Asador de Aranda.
Click here for some places to stay in Barcelona.
Click here for extensive information about Barcelona.
Click here for some useful Spanish phrases.